2020 Manufacturing Leadership Award: Winners Recognized at Virtual Gala
Posted by Penelope Brown | Oct 8, 2020 | Uncategorized, Ideas & Insights
Winners of the 2020 Manufacturing Leadership Awards were honored at the 16th annual ML Awards Gala, hosted by the National Association of Manufacturers’ Manufacturing Leadership Council. The event took place online.
Gerald Johnson, Executive Vice President, Global Manufacturing at GM, was selected as the Manufacturing Leader of the Year for his leadership in GM’s pivot to ventilator production in a partnership with Ventec Life Systems, code named Project V.
Corteva Agriscience was selected as Large Enterprise Manufacturer of the Year for its strong nominations in multiple project categories, using data to streamline operations, boost supply chain resilience, and meet demand.
Humtown Product was named Small/Medium Enterprise Manufacturer of the Year. A longtime leader in the metalcasting industry, the company utilized 3D printing to revolutionize production, boosting its capabilities and allowing it to serve new markets and customers.
“The need for digital transformation in manufacturing is more urgent than ever, and these companies and leaders are examples of some of the best,” said MLC Co-Founder, Vice President, and Executive Director David R. Brousell. “I commend this year’s winners for their noteworthy accomplishments and for continuing to expand what is possible.”
Also honored at the ML Awards Gala was Jeff Moad, creator of the Manufacturing Leadership Awards and its director until his retirement in 2019. Since its inception in 2005, the awards program has recognized thousands of projects from global manufacturers, and Jeff was instrumental in creating its mission and leading its development.
Nine recipients of ML High Achiever Awards were also announced. The High Achiever Awards are presented to the project that receives the highest score from the judges in that category.
High Achiever Award Winners:
- Lockheed Martin in the Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics Leadership category for F-35 Augmented Reality Shop Floor Mobility
- Merck & Co., Inc., in the Collaborative Innovation Leadership category for Digital Fingerprinting
- Humtown Products in the Engineering and Production Technology Leadership category for Commercialization of 3D Printing in the Metal Casting Industry
- IBM in the Enterprise Integration Technology Leadership category for Migrating Supply Chain Quality Workload to Cloud
- Cooley Group in the Industrial Internet of Things Leadership category for Cooley Group Transforms Legacy Machinery into Smart Tech
- Hologic Inc. in the Operational Excellence category for Building a Culture of Operational Excellence
- Starkey Hearing Technologies in the Supply Chain Leadership category for Starkey Supply Chain Management Transformation
- The Boeing Company in the Sustainability Leadership category for Diverting Waste to Landfill While Upcycling Excess Airplane Carbon Fiber
- Nexteer Automotive in the Talent Management category for Nexteer for m.e. Global Talent Management and Training Program