Join the Manufacturing Leadership Council virtually for an opportunity to take an inside look into BASF’s manufacturing plant to learn about their implementation of Voovio Technologies US Inc.’s (“Voovio”) Enhanced Reality training software. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to see how BASF is utilizing digitalization tools as an enabling technology to focus on the key part of any reliability strategy, the human component.
BASF’s Chemical Intermediates organization began the journey to “Smart manufacturing” several years ago and has been on a pathway to realize their vision of moving operations training into the digital age. Partnering with Voovio, BASF Chemical Intermediates is leading the way in designing customized digital training simulators for front-line operations and maintenance personnel. The deployment of digital tools is a key component of the journey to operational excellence by engaging employees at all levels, with a viable digital solution for training and knowledge capture.
Digitalization presents big opportunities for BASF. Using data and digital technologies, we are creating additional value for our customers by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of our manufacturing processes.
Attend this simulation, which will be followed by a panel discussion on BASF’s enhanced reality training modules to walk away with the actionable insights in the next tab.
Walk Away With Actionable Insights
- How Enhanced Reality technology brings the manufacturing asset to life in a digital environment.
- How digital simulators improve training proficiency in a ‘Learn by Doing” virtual platform.
- How process simulators provide instant feedback and serve as virtual Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- How customizable digital applications provide a sustainable process for efficient modifications to meet the needs of changing industrial environment.
BASF Enhanced Reality Plant Tour
Bringing Operational Training to The Digital Age for Manufacturing
Wednesday, September 8 | 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT
September 8, 2021
11:00 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. EDT – Manufacturing Leadership Council Welcome
11:05 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. EDT – BASF Welcome & Overview Presentation
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. EDT – BASF Enhanced Reality Tour
12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT – Panel Discussion
David Brousell, Manufacturing Leadership Council
Panelists | BASF Corporation:
- Kristen Pforr, VP Operations & Technology, Intermediates NA
- Julie Fay, Operations Director, Specialty Amines
- Larry “Dale” Tidwell, Operational Excellence Coord, Intermediates
- Sam Hollis, Learning and Development Coord, Specialty Amines
- Joseph Pendleton, Maintenance Engineer, Diols and Derivatives
The Digital Plant Replica provides an interactive and navigable digital process area.
Enhanced Process Views with interactive process flows and valving scenarios.
Guided Procedure Simulators with “learn by doing” scenarios serve as virtual subject matter experts and provide instant feedback to the trainee.
Procedure Test Simulators assess knowledge and competency during initial and refresher training. The test simulators capture testing analytics for each trainee.
Knowledge Snippets provide a multimedia window to integrate knowledge capture into our Procedure Simulators, such as text, videos, job plans and plant drawings.