Breaking Free from Pilot Purgatory for Digital Initiatives
Topic Leader: Arun Kumar Bhaskara-Baba, VP, Global Manufacturing IT Product Line, J&J Technology
“To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions” – Steve Jobs, a person who brought many an idea to reality.
Manufacturing operations have been going through constant change to be more agile and more flexible. COVID has accentuated another necessary dimension – resilience. To meet these challenges, digitization of manufacturing is no longer “nice to have” – it is a “must win.” Cloud, data, and AI have laid the foundations for digitization. COVID has accelerated digital adoption across all aspects of business and society. Supply chain leadership everywhere is looking for digital initiatives to transform their operations. Innovation is booming, but as a consequence, shiny objects are everywhere, and pilots are plentiful.
We will discuss:
- How manufacturing leaders can justify the investments from digital initiatives
- What challenges arise in bringing pilots from purgatory to real operations
- How to move from testing and learning to scaling and deploying
- What foundations (including digital stack) need to be laid down for success, and what frameworks will help to accelerate value realization.
- What forces will sustain continuous innovation and improvement?
This call is exclusive for Manufacturing Leadership Council members. Invitations will be sent to members directly.