DENSO Virtual Plant Tour
How DENSO Uses Digitalization to Boost Human Capability
Tuesday, June 29 | 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 .p.m EST
How to Register
Event limited to Rethink: the Manufacturing Leadership Council Summit participants.
If you would like to attend this Virtual Plant Tour, please click below to register for Rethink.
Join the Manufacturing Leadership Council virtually for an opportunity to take an inside look into DENSO Corporation N.A. facilities to learn about how DENSO is deploying digital technologies to support and boost our skilled & highly capable associates.
These facilities are an excellent representation of the complexities of a large scale operation and how DENSO is transforming its manufacturing operations to Industry 4.0+ levels through our partnerships with leading-edge technology providers and start-ups and from the passion and dedication of our associates.
Attend this plant tour, which will be followed by a panel discussion on how DENSO seeks to collaborate between humans and digital technology that will result in possibilities beyond imagination and walk away with actionable insights & common industry challenges. Join to see some of the technology used in DENSO Tennessee (DMTN) & DENSO Michigan (DMMI)
- Use of “personal wearable and on” to improve machine operation ratio
- Dynamic, real-time, wireless asset tracking to improve efficiency
- Use of neural networks to digitize human motion to achieve highest quality and empower our associates
- Use of wireless temp & humidity sensors & data analytics to monitor heat stress in real-time, continuously to ensure associate safety
- Electronic kan-ban system integrated with AGV’s for a true automated pull system and achieve level production
- “live” process control system to make highest quality products
- “live” Operational dashboard to provide real-time insights into line condition that drive quick actionable decisions
ABOUT DENSO: DENSO is a $47.6 billion global mobility supplier that develops advanced technology and components for nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its worldwide 200 facilities to produce thermal, powertrain, mobility, electrification, & electronic systems, to create jobs that directly change how the world moves. The company’s 170,000+ employees are paving the way to a mobility future that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents and preserves the environment.
June 29, 2021
11:00 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. EDT – Manufacturing Leadership Council Welcome
11:05 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. EDT – DENSO Welcome & Overview Presentation
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. EDT – DENSO Plant Tour
12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT – Panel Discussion
David Brousell, Manufacturing Leadership Council
Dave Grimmer, SVP, NA Production Innovation Center (NA PIC)
Raja Shembekar, VP, NA PIC
Chad Orbeck, Manager, NA IoT
Chris Owen, Manager, NA IoT
Antony Oaks, Manager, NA Production Eng.
Naoya Sato, Project Manager, NA IoT
Kazuki Hasuo, Manager, NA IoT
If you have any questions about this or another upcoming Plant Tour & Executive Roundtable, please complete the form below or email MLC at MLCevents@nam.org.