2022 Manufacturing Leadership Award Winners
The National Association of Manufacturers’ Manufacturing Leadership Council recognizes these world-class manufacturing companies and individual leaders for their outstanding efforts.
Manufacturers of the Year
Small/Medium Enterprise: Protolabs
Large Enterprise: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Manufacturing Leader of the Year
Dr. Albert Bourla, CEO, Pfizer Inc.
(* – Denotes High Achiever, or highest scoring project in each category)
AI and Machine Learning
- A.O. Smith Corporation
- Albemarle Corporation
- Anheuser Busch InBev (AB InBev) – Utilities Consumption Reduction with AI Engine (SORBA)*
- AUO Corporation – AU Optronics Smart Factory – L5C Case Factory
- Corning Incorporated – Product Quality through Automated Vision and Deep Learning
- Corning Incorporated – Finishing Process Data Analytic Platform Based on Sheet Resume Traceability Data System
- Corteva Agriscience – Agricultural Product Manufacturing Improvement via Advanced Analytics
- Ford Motor Company – AI Applied to E-Connectors Not Fully Home Detection
- Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group – SmartSearch
- General Electric Renewable Energy
- Hino Motors Manufacturing, USA
- Lexmark – Lexmark Optra Edge AI Offering to Streamline Lexmark Printer Manufacturing Complexity
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Seagate Technology
- Shell – Chemicals and Products
- Advanced Manufacturing International (AMI)
- BAE Systems
- Dunlop Protective Footwear
- Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group – Transforming IT and OT at Roche and Genentech to Accelerate the Journey Towards a Digital Manufacturing Network
- Hitachi Energy
- Lexmark – Expanding Lexmark’s Circular Economy Opportunities
- Lockheed Martin – The “Voice of the Machine” at Lockheed Martin
- MxD – Digital Twins for Process Manufacturing: Open Architecture
- Schneider Electric – EcoStruxure Automation Expert
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Digital Network Connectivity
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) – Structured Analysis of Downtime and Asset Performance Management Tool (AODS)*
- AUO Corporation – Whisper from the Robots – How AUO Finds Opportunities with AIoT
- CertainTeed LLC – CertainTeed FaCTory+ Program
- Johnson & Johnson – E2E Supply Chain Control Tower
- Merck & Co., Inc. – Utilities Analytics at Merck & Co. – Unlocking the Potential of our BAS Data
- Nexteer Automotive – Nexteer Traceability MES
Digital Supply Chains
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dow Inc. – Global Digital Trade Facilitation Program*
- General Motors – General Motors’ Build Shy Initiative to Protect Our Customers
- IBM Corporation – Agility During Disruption – Managing Supplier and Inbound Activity
- Johnson & Johnson – Advance Case Management Digital Case Coordination
- Lexmark – Lexmark ShortStop: A Supply Chain Digital Twin for Navigating Crisis
- Merck & Co., Inc. – Merck Digital Logistics
Engineering and Production Technology
- Applied Medical – In-House Metal Injection Molding
- Chart Industries, Inc. – Chart Industries China ISO Capability Expansion
- CNH Industrial
- Ford Motor Company – High Complexity Line Troubleshooting Simplification Using Visualization Concept
- General Motors – Factory ZERO: GM’s Launchpad to an All-Electric Future*
- Maxion Wheels – Maxion Wheels Uses Industry 4.0 Tools to Reduce Manufacturing Cycle Time and Scrap
- Kenworth Truck Company – Henrob Error Proofing – Chillicothe
- Kenworth Truck Company – Kenworth Paint Facility
- Kenworth Truck Company – Electrostatic Paint Gun Touch Up Facility
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics – Visual Verification for Aircraft Assembly
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics – Automated Fastener Fill System
- MxD – Pathfinder Phase I: Securing 3D Printers in Manufacturing
- National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining – Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rockets – LCRRPR
- National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining – High Performance Additive Manufacturing Thermoplastics
- Peterbilt Motors Company – Structural Fastening Equipment Modernization
- Webasto Americas
Enterprise Integration and Technology
- Bergin Fruit & Nut Company Inc.
- Corning Incorporated – M4.0 Framework
- Flex – Facilitating the Production of the World’s Most Complex Product with the Evolution of a Smart Factory*
- Ford Motor Company – Machine Event Cycletime Monitoring (MECM)
- Intertape Polymer Group
- Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain SMART Factory*
- Merck & Co., Inc. – Merck Animal Health Presents: The Next Generation of Biopharmaceutical Data Analytics
- Nexteer Automotive – Nexteer Digital Process Data Monitor
- Spice World, LLC
- The Hershey Company
- Whirlpool Corporation – Project Tracking System (PET)
- Worthington Industries
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- ACP Solutions Inc.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) – AI Digital Workforce and Knowledge Share Platform (Acadia + DeepHow)*
- Applied Medical – Custom Electronic Device History Record (eDHR) Application with Iris Scanning Technology
- Big Ass Fans
- Chart Industries, Inc. – Chart Industries Teddy Trailer Revamp
- Chart Industries, Inc. – Tulsa Flex Facility
- Cooley Group – Cooley Creates Digital Thread to Optimize Manufacturing Performance in Real Time
- Corteva Agriscience – Isoclast™ Capacity Expansion and Yield Improvement Project
- Flex – The LISA Line Stop Assistant: Putting Employees at the Center of Efficient Operations
- Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group – Genentech Vacaville Facility Programming
- GM Defense, LLC
- Maxion Wheels – Maxion Wheels Improves Fallout with Track and Trace Digitalization System
- Peterbilt Motors Company – Peterbilt Offline Priority Dashboard
- Procter & Gamble – Integrated Work System 5.0
- Smithfield Foods, Inc. – Innovation Effort at Smithfield’s Cudahy Facility Achieves Operational Excellence
- The Raymond Corporation
- Whirlpool Corporation – Global Kaizen Power Pitch
Sustainability and the Circular Economy
- AUO Corporation – Meet the Water Drop for 27 Times in AUO*
- CertainTeed, LLC – Leveraging Operational Efficiency to Solve for Sustainability and Circular Economy
- Cooley Group – Cooley’s Energy Conservation Projects Drive to Net Zero Waste
- Corteva Agriscience – Advanced Technology for Successful Reklemel™ Active Ingredient Product Manufacture
- Dow Inc. – Dow St. Charles Operations Hydrogen Optimization and Carbon Reduction
- Flex – Advancing Sustainability with Ambitious Goals and Across Value Chain Partnerships
- Hologic Inc.
- IBM Corporation – Empowering Sustainability, One Supply Chain at a Time … from Development to Fulfillment to Services
- Ingersoll Rand
- Maxion Wheels – Maxion Wheels Reduces Carbon Footprint with Online Utilities Monitoring
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Procter & Gamble – P&G SKII Manufacturing to Net Zero
- Pure & Gentle, Inc.
- Saudi Aramco – Energy Intensity Reduction at Multiple Gas-Oil Separation Plants through Innovative Patents and Energy Management Program
- Saudi Aramco – Zero-Flaring Invention to Boost Production from Low-Pressure Oil Wells and Revival of Dead Wells
- Schneider Electric – Leveraging Energy Efficiency and Circular Economy to Enhance Sustainability
- Smithfield Foods, Inc. – How Smithfield Foods’ Renewables Projects are Achieving its Net Zero Goals
- Aerojet Rocketdyne
- ALOM Technologies*
- Cooley Group – Cooley Breaks Down Traditional Power Structures to Empower All Employees to Create Change
- General Mills, Inc.
- General Motors – Factory ZERO: Driving EVolution on the AVenue of Engagement
- Greene Tweed
- IBM Corporation – Citizen Data Scientist: Next Gen Drivers of Transformation
- MxD – Advantages and Barriers to Smart Manufacturing for Medical Products
- Peterbilt Motors Company – Safety Program Improvements
- WCCO Belting, Inc.
Editor’s Choice Award
Flex – LISA Line Stop Assistant
Digital Transformation Leadership
- Catherine Briley, Cooley Group
- Cornelia Coles, Johnson & Johnson
- Michael Everly, Renfro Brands
- Matthew Fabrizio, Greene Tweed
- Mike Gerlach, 3M
- Ethan Hill, Greene Tweed
- Brent Railey, Chevron Phillips Chemical
- Jeff Skarda, Kimberly-Clark North America
- Jessica Spurlock, Rubberlite, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Tazelaar, Dow Inc.
- Bharatbhushan Virmani, Schneider Electric
- Brian White, BAE Systems
- Jon Wilk, CompoSecure, L.L.C.
- Joan Yeo Lay Him, IBM Corporation
- Blaise Nugent, Ford Motor Company
- Daniel Shrives, Saint-Gobain
- Danielle Renham, WCCO Belting, Inc.
- Gorashi Gorashi, Genentech, Inc.
- Hayley Dwight, Cooley Group
- Katelyn Kelsey, Dow Inc.
- Martin Daniel Jimenez Rodriguez, IBM Corporation
- Nate Aguilar, Starkey
- Sarah Walworth, Webasto Americas
- Wildaline Serin, MxD
- Advanced Technology Services
- Dassault Systèmes
- ECI Software
- NTT DATA, Inc.
- Oro, Inc.
- Ultra Consultants